Friday, February 12, 2016

Friday I'm in love

Or FIIL cause everything needs to have an acronym these days

After two full years without any posts - mostly due to my love for Tumblr - I've had to acknowledge my own shortcomings. But in the face of overwhelming evidence that I can't follow-through, I've decided that I need to pull myself together and set some goals.

This is the result: Every Friday I'll present you with something that makes my little GayGirl heart soar over the rainbow with joy.

Inspired by Dorothy Snarker's Weekend Crush (after all, they do say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery) and also because it's a good way to end any week; With love!

Anyway, to start off this new endeavor, I've decided on something that I remember with fondness... actually, I think it may have made me gay. I'm kidding (obviously!), I know I was born this way - but maybe I realized early on that I was gay because of this.

I am talking about women in suspenders!

So without any further ado, here's GayGirl's very first edition of Friday I'm In Love

My current favorite image is probably this one of Hayley Atwell

Hayley Atwell in suspenders
Agent Carter could rock this look on her down time
And of course, I should include Kristen Stewart, since she always seems to come up whenever I search for anything gay adjecent

Rock n' Roll suspenders

And also this image, we might call "Flirting with myself"

Kristen Stewart gender bender image Elle
Maybe KStew has a thing for suspenders as well
 My first memory of finding a woman in suspenders extraordinarily intriguing belongs to Courtney Cox from an episode of Family Ties
 
The best image I could find, I'm afraid

Of course, the fact that my only other memory of this girl was from the Bruce Springsteen video Dancing in the Dark where she looks like the cutest baby dyke, so I can't really be blamed

Courtney Cox music video Bruce Springsteen
Look at that cute little androgynous cutie
And finally, someone we'd love to call one of us - and she certainly always stands with us in any fight - the wonderful Sarah Shahi

Okay, that could be a gun-holster, but I'm not complaining

With love for Friday,
- GayGirl



2 comments:

Karena said...

Oh YES! I'm right there with you on the suspenders.
The sixpence Hailey Atwell is sporting isn't bad either! :-P

Anonymous said...

I am loving this topic....more please! ;)