Friday, October 22, 2010

Voice of Alice in Paranormal Activity 2?

OH.MY.GOD. I just went to see "Paranormal Activity 2" and for the longest time, I could swear Leisha Hailey (Alice on The L Word, for those who think the name sound familiar, but can't quite place it, LOL) was in the movie. Only her voice though!

Leisha Hailey

I am telling you, the teenage girl in this movie sounded SO much like Leisha that it was freaking me out. Leisha Hailey has a pretty distinct voice, but this girl's voice was a deadringer. She did a good job and looks nothing like Leisha Hailey, but you don't see her at first. Anyway, if you've seen this movie or you do go see it, then please leave a comment here and let me know if I'm the only one hearing Leisha Hailey/Alice Pieszecki's voice.

Girl with Leisha Hailey's voice

And if you remotely liked the first "Paranormal Activity" you really need to watch the sequel - which is actually a prequel, and I recommend watching the first one (again) before going to see this movie. It was pretty damn awesome!

Fun gay fact: as soon as the movie ended, I did a Google search for "Paranormal Activity 2 + Leisha Hailey" and while nothing came up about her being in this movie, she DOES have a horror movie coming out. She plays straight, but is the wife of a true gay guy icon: Gale Harold! As in Brian Kinney from Queer As Folk. The movie is called "Fertile Ground". See, sometimes two gay icons CAN make a straight couple good. Even when one of the actors are gay IRL - you hear that, Newsweek? I don't think Gale Harold is gay, though I would love to have him on our team. And he's great as a straight ally, in any case. And brilliant at acting gay. ;o)

Have a GREAT Friday... and go listen to/for Leisha Hailey's voice, would you? ;o)

- GayGirl

No comments: