Saturday, October 9, 2010

Letter from a teen to her parents

Dear Mom and Dad!

It is with great regret and sorrow that I must write to you. I had to run away with my new lover because I wanted to avoid a scene with you. I know that you still consider me a child, but I'm 17 years old and I know how to take care of myself.

I have found true love with Larry and he's just so sweet. But I am aware that you would never approve of him because of his piercings, tattoos and leather clothes, and because he is so much older than me. In addition, he has five children, his youngest is my age. And it's not just infatuation. I'm pregnant with twins and Larry says we will be very happy together. He lives in a trailer out in the forest, and he has plenty of firewood to last the winter.

We share so many dreams for the future. He says he'll buy a lot of clothes and shoes for me. And Larry loves children. All his children have different mothers, but he says that with me it's different. Mom and Dad, I know we will be together forever. Larry says that I'm more woman than the older women, he's been with. How cool is that?

Larry has also opened my eyes to marijuana and how it's not actually harmful. He's a businessman and grows his own hemp and sells it to support his family. And Larry is clever with money! Also, he swaps some of the hemp with the neighbors for cocaine and ecstasy. The other occupants of the forest are also businessmen.

In the meantime we will pray that science will find a cure for AIDS, so Larry can get better. But you don't have to worry about me, Mom and Dad, I am very happy! Someday I am sure we will come and visit you so that you can see your grandchildren and my stepchildren.

With love,
Your daughter Emily


P. S. Mom and Dad, none of the above is true. I'm at the movies with JJ and Naomi. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than finding out your daughter is gay. Which I am and it’s not a phase!

Hugs and kisses - call me when it's safe for me to come home and you're ready to talk about it.

****

I never had to write a letter like this, but I figure it would've been a somewhat different approach to it. Just might work. Anyway, now I got to write the letter anyway and share it with you all.
The names are all fictional - and the keen reader probably noticed the little tribute to Skins and Naomily, LOL. ;o)



Have a gay day!
- GayGirl

No comments: