Friday, May 29, 2009

Woohoo, that's my Drew!

Yes, I know, TWO entire posts in just one day... What is the world coming to? Anyway, I've always adored Drew (she's got "The Drew" status just like Ellen, but I'll humor those in doubt) Barrymore. She's always so happy and seem to genuinely wish to make other people happy. And she has always been a great support for all LGBT issues. Still, I can't help but get a huge smile across my face, when I just now stumbled across pictures of her taking part in a protest march in California against Prop 8 and the need for marriage equality.

I've loved her book "Little Girl Lost" since I first read it many years ago, and she has come so very far - both personally and professionally. Usually, I say either "my Drew" or "that's me" when I see her. The first because I'm proud of the things she does and the second because she always wears outfits that would look great on me. :oP Now, I would need to get in better shape and go to the hairdresser a lot more often to tame my WILD hair - my hair is the one thing about me my Wifey can't tame, LOL - but other than that there is quite a good resemblance. ;o)

Oh, Drew, if only you would "turn gay" it would be the coolest day. Not because I'd trade Wifey in for you (or anyone one else), but I would just be so proud to have you on our team. Hmm, then again, I suppose we already have that. :o)

Rock ON with your bad self and God(dess) bless you, Drew Barrymore!

One happy homo-camper,
- GayGirl

P.S. I am SO back... Can you feel my blogging-mojo? ;o)

No comments: